Scheduling - 35%
- Processes vacation, holiday, and blocked day requests in accordance with departmental policies.
- Processes coverage, swap, and drop shift requests on a daily basis.
- Creates shifts in organizational scheduling system according to current staffing matrix.
- Maintains group scheduling functions: assigns new hires to scheduling groups, controls slide bar access, and scheduling notifications.
- Maintains Weekend Option Staff in accordance with active contracts and communicates with CSM for contract renewals.
- Balances schedule to meet the needs of the department on a continual basis.
- Creates, enters, and maintains holiday scheduling of licensed and unlicensed staff.
- Assists with entering new hires orientation schedules and assigning preceptor role within scheduling system in collaboration with Advanced Practice Partner (APP) and CSM.
Equipment Maintenance - 20%
- Maintains inventory of supplies ordered and received from Distribution, Central Supply, and Linen.
- Coordinates interdepartmentally for inventory tracking of departmental equipment and supplies.
- Serves as point of contact for Central Supply, Clinical Engineering and IT for unit equipment needs/servicing for unit.
- Performs a daily inventory of equipment in patient care areas and bulk supply rooms
- Assists with stocking supplies for the unit.
- Communicates variances and equipment needs to Emergency Medicine Leadership.
Administrative – 10%
- Provides administrative support to Emergency Medicine Leadership through a variety of tasks requiring organization and communication skills.
- Maintains and updates email group listings for new hires and resignations.
- Maintains and updates departmental mailbox system for staff communication.
- Provides clerical support including but not limited to: composing meeting minutes, distributing mail, filing, copying, and maintenance of hard copy personnel files.
Guest Relations- 15%
- Utilizes chain of command when communicating information/problems involving patients and/or staff.
- Communicates accurate and complete information in a timely manner.
- Listens and initiates feedback to ensure effective communication.
- Ventilates frustrations in appropriate time, place, and manner.
- Practices discretion (Confidentiality) in information shared with patients and peers.
- Respects patient and staff privacy and confidentiality.
- Treats patients and visitors with care, compassion and dignity.
- Takes a proactive approach towards customers by showing courtesy toward visitors by being pleasant and helpful on the telephone or in person.
- Adheres to departmental and organizational attendance standards.
Safety and Emergency Preparedness- 10%
- Adheres to UAMS safety plan.
- Adheres to safety standards related to equipment and electrical safety, infection control and OSHA requirements. Knowledgeable regarding role in emergency codes and procedures. Completes all mandatory competency requirements annually.
- Assumes responsibility for personal safety by using proper body mechanics, universal precautions and proper handling of hazardous materials. Responds in emergency situations.
- Intervenes in unsafe situations by taking action. Documents in occurrences in appropriate UAMS reporting systems to including but not limited to: Safety Intelligence, Integrity, and Illumine.
Institutional /Professional standards- 5%
- Adheres to UAMS Code of Conduct http://www.uams.edu/adminguide.win04401.html.
- Protects confidential information by adhering to UAMS policy in managing all communications and handling of health care records to prevent improper disclosures and to protect patient confidentiality.
- Protects health information that is used/disclosed in any form (electronic, paper, or oral) in practice.Works effectively with team/work groups to fulfill UAMS mission by serving as a resource person to support department members in performance of duties.
Professional Growth- 5%
- Participates in continuing education, professional/ institutional advancement opportunities.
Decision Making: Required to use independent judgment and good communication skills when assessing unit equipment and supply needs for reporting to the CSM. Must be able to assess problem areas and develop solutions, involving all appropriate personnel in the process. This position requires a high level of accountability, ensuring work is completed in a timely manner and work responsibilities are covered if absent. Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Interaction: Equipment Tech has daily interaction with staff, patients and visitors, both in person and on the telephone. Required to be responsible and courteous to patients, visitors, and staff. Applies Guest Care guidelines to all interactions.
Accountability: Must remain personally and professionally accountable to both the leadership team and the patient care team.