The Speech Therapist works as a member of an interdisciplinary team to provide the evidence-based best practice evaluation and therapy techniques. Performs evaluations and develops effective treatment plans to restore, maintain or prevent decline of resident function, by planning and administering medically prescribed therapy treatments in accordance with federal, state and professional standards governing the facility. This position will provide speech treatment in a skilled nursing facility and also in an outpatient setting. The duties of the Speech Therapist contribute in the effort to further the mission of UAMS: To improve the health and health care of Arkansans.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks:
• Conducts speech language evaluations.
• Writes reports detailing scores, descriptions of patients and need for therapies.
• Implements speech therapy.
• Documents services provided.
• Completes billing and charting procedures.
• Participates in treatment teams.
• Maintains knowledge of theories and techniques in the field of communication disorders.
• Models the Core Values of UAMS–Integrity, Respect, Diversity, Teamwork, Creativity, & Excellence
Marketing for clinic as needed.
Providing educational experiences for multi-discipline therapy students.
Masters degree in Speech Language Pathology plus three years speech language pathology experience and licensed as a speech language pathologist in the State of Arkansas or eligible to apply and obtain license within one month of hire. Certificate of Clinical Competence.
Prefer experience with the geriatric population. FEES, LSVT-LOUD and/or Vital-Stim certifications preferred. CPR certified within one month of hire.