Click column header to sort
Performs and documents complex electroneurodiagnostic procedures, including all aspects of EEG, multiple modalities of evoked potentials, nerve conduction velocities, ICU and EMU monitoring, and intraoperative monitoring.
Ensures the proper maintenance and function of equipment through interaction with both internal and service vendors to maximize equipment time, patient care, and in order minimize dollar impact to the hospital. Performs required archive maintenance in order to reduce server space. Ensures a clean patient care environment and is responsible for Infection Control policies.
Other duties as assigned.
- Performs clinical assessment and high quality diagnostic noninvasive vascular examinations in an accurate and timely manner
- Follows the written policies and procedures of the vascular lab, but is capable of deviating from normal techniques when clinically necessary.
- Uses cognitive sonographic skills to identify and record appropriate anatomical, pathological, and diagnostic images.
- Assists in student and resident education while performing examinations
- Responsible for the safety, mental and physical comfort of the patient while in the sonographer's care
- Demonstrates proper identification of patients asking name and date of birth
- Assures exam ordered is completed, if exam requested is questionable contacts ordering physician to verify order
- Maintains patient privacy
- Maintains clean work area and properly stocked examination room
- Assures that images are stored under correct patient’s name and medical record number
- Preliminary findings must be attached to the order
- Provides appropriate preliminary findings report; reviews questionable findings with director/MD in a timely manner
- Provides positive preliminary findings in certain cases, which include but are not limited to, extensive deep vein thrombosis, acute arterial occlusion, or severe carotid stenosis, to the ordering physician/nurse/PA
- Completes charges for exams performed with appropriate CPT and files charges in Epic.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
- Assists in scheduling and prioritization of patient exams and aids in troubleshooting problems with scheduling or critically-ill patients.
- Maintains all institutional training requirements
- Maintains all continuing medical education requirements and maintains ARDMS registry
- Constructs or installs of items made of wood, metal, sheet rock, concrete, tile, carpet, laminate, reading blue prints, and have the capacity to follow oral as well as written orders.
- Removes walls, ceilings, floors, doors, and other structures or construction related material required in a safe, orderly fashion.
- Responsibility – Accurate record keeping, work records, progress reports, ability to pass on accurate reports to supervisor and the capacity to get along with customers.
- Operate and maintain (2) District Energy Plants; each with concurrently operating boilers including (5) 750HP high-pressure boilers, (3) 600HP hot water boilers, and (2) 250HP hot water boilers using Direct Digital Controls(DDC) via the Insight software.
- Operate and maintain (2) District Energy Plants including (2) concurrently operating Heat Pump Chillers that result in approximately 3.6 million dollars in utility savings each year
- Monitor, troubleshoot, repair, and calibrate equipment across hot water and chilled water systems, including: control valves, temperature and pressure sensors, and flow controls.
- Perform routine checks on equipment in order to comply with all State and Federal codes and regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- Drives to work sites and performs tasks that pertain to the maintenance of the UAMS campus. Duties include (but not limited to)
- Carpentry – Ceiling tile replacement, furniture repair, installation of T.V. brackets, bulletin boards, file holders, & pictures, minor drywall repair, and painting.
- Plumbing - Repair or replace flush valves, sinks, faucets, p-traps, water supplies, etc. Remove obstructions from clogged urinals, sinks, toilets, sewer lines, etc.
- HVAC/Mechanical - Change belts, filters, air registers, diagnose and repair minor heating/cooling issues, etc.
- Electrical – Reset breakers, change receptacle, light switches, cover plates, light bulbs, light fixtures, ballast, etc.
- Preventive Maintenance – Perform preventative maintenance inspections and procedures in accordance to preventative maintenance instructions and applicable codes. Also, be able respond to hot/ cold calls.
- Complete documentation essential for the Engineering & Operations work order system and preventative maintenance program.
*This position is declared as essential and performs other duties as assigned
*Follows all safety and productivity procedures and protocols
Vestibular Tests and Hearing Evaluations
- VNG, CDP, Platform post-urography
- Participates in ongoing hospital performance assessment and process improvement.
- Ensures continuing department performance assessment and process improvement.
- Create work processes to enhance customer satisfaction and reduce waste.
- Adheres to UAMS Code of Conduct and Department policies.
- Adopts practices to improve work process, enhance guest satisfaction and reduce waste. Serves as a resource person to support department members in performances of duties
- Participate in professional/institutional advancement.
- Participate in continuing education.
Safety and Emergency Preparedness
- Promotes a safe working environment by complying with department and institutional safety policies.
- Observes safe work practices and provides input on safety issues.
- Responds in emergency situations. Intervenes to unsafe situations by taking action
- Includes hearing aid counsel, hearing aid selection, testing & fitting.
- Electroacoustic analysis of amplification prosthetics.
- Speech mapping/Real ear measurements.
- Completes accurate and thorough chart notes and dictation in a timely manner. Provides patient education of procedures to be performed.
- Restocks supplies in audiology rooms/orders hearing aids. Evaluates equipment for repairs.
Other related duties may be assigned to this position.