Click column header to sort
- Prepares treatment rooms for examination
- Assists with medical procedures and examinations
- Conducts patient interviews, measures vital signs (i.e., pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height), and phlebotomy
- Performs EKG’s, dressing changes
- Administers approved medications
- Researches and scribes physicians’ orders/accession orders for clinical laboratory or appropriate processing center
- Performs administrative tasks by registering and scheduling patients for appointments, procedures, etc. using the various registration and scheduling systems.
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Conducts research to analyze and resolve denied invoices and exceptions.
- Contacts carriers, uses EOBs to research payments and denials, as well as EMRs to review coding, audit accounts and internal files and records, and review billing procedures and technical guides to determine errors and opportunities for correction.
- Uses carrier electronic applications for status, appeal and billing functions. Applications used may include One Content, AHIN, VSI, Correct Coding Initiative software, MMIS, other web-based and insurance applications and all Microsoft Office products.
- Determines financial responsibilities for billing and resolves problems.
- Contributes to reports of findings and recommendations, time-frames for changes or updates, and recommends operational changes and procedure updates for departments and training.
- Communicates with clinical department personnel via web-based application to request information needed to resolve charge denials.
- Attends meetings to present information on problems, changes, updates or issues of concern as needed.
- May work additional follow-up work-queues when staffing requires it.
- May work directly with the Revenue Manager team and IT, reporting opportunities to prevent future denials, propose claims manager edits and correcting and improving procedures based upon trends or problems identified and upon the unique procedures associated with various carriers.
- Interacts as a team member with all MCPG/CUMG units, reviews and researches claims and may participate in developing procedures and training modules.
- Stays current of updates to operating policies and procedures.
- May serve as a resource to junior staff and may participate in training and/or cross-training other personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Performs loading and unloading of equipment and furniture for customers on central campus and surrounding areas including pick up of all surplus items and delivering to designated site(s) Marketing and Redistribution (M&R) or one of UAMS sites.
- Maintenance of move equipment.
- Operates and maintains move tools and equipment i.e. dollies, drill press, fork lift, lift gate, pallet jacks, and shrink wrap, truck / other motor vehicles.
- Performs general clean up and removal of trash, junk, and general debris.
- Performs ice and snow removal. (This position is deemed essential and is a part of the Inclement Weather team.)
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Receives and performs waived and non-waived tests on patient specimens for the Core Lab as assigned
- Order appropriate test for the request
- Performs scheduled equipment maintenance and quality controls as required
- Performs minor troubleshooting and document as per established procedure
- Attend training workshops and seminars when available or assigned and learn new procedures as new tests are brought in house
- Participate in CAP proficiency surveys
- Reviews evaluation to improve technical skills
- Receives payment notices from hospital, lockbox, mail correspondence, outside agencies and various other payment sources.
- Accurately posts payments and adjustments to accounts in the patient accounting system on a daily basis.
- Interprets EOB and transfers remaining patient and secondary insurance liability to the appropriate bucket.
- Translates payor denial codes on EOB to USMS standard denial codes and enters appropriate code on patient account.
- Balances summary activity in the patient accounting system and reconciles the un-applied cash account on daily basis.
- Investigates unidentified cash and posts or refers to management for resolution.
- Reports over-payments or refunds as necessary when identified during the payment posting process.
- Works to resolve credit balance accounts as appropriate.
- Works to resolve undistributed payments.
- Researches payments, transfers funds and posts adjustments as appropriate.
- Distributes payments as appropriate, to other entities within the patient accounting system during the payment posting process; and researches payments received for which there is, nor corresponding charge.
- Reports any backlogs to management on a daily basis.
- Investigates recoupments, interest payments and miscellaneous payments directed to specific clearing accounts requiring research.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Utilize knowledge of planned gifts to independently provide donors with specific information on gifting instruments including annuities, trusts and bequests, as well as methods of funding including cash, securities and real estate.
- Independently initiate, create and produce attractive individual proposals for planned gifts.
- Maintain relationships with planned gift donors and prospects through various forms of cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Independently plan, strategize and solicit planned gifts in excess of $25,000.
- Serve as the gift planning resource to the entire UAMS campus in relation to planned gifts building a collaborative relationship with institutional leadership and directors of development.
- Coordinate with Institutional Advancement central staff to maintain planned giving expectancy data.
- Develop and manage the planned giving marketing program raising awareness to cultivate grateful patients and other individuals to make planned gifts in support of UAMS including engagement of trust professionals, CPAs, attorneys, etc.
- Work with other members of UAMS Institutional Advancement to assure that potential gift prospects are properly researched and assigned, that all solicitations are coordinated and completed, and that donors receive appropriate acknowledgments and recognition.
- Plan, implement and manage an appropriate stewardship program for planned giving donors to UAMS, working closely with UAMS Institutional Advancement colleagues to coordinate ongoing stewardship programs.
- Assist patients in identifying personal goals for recovery through the use of one-on-one and group sessions.
- Support the patient in goal setting and development of a recovery plan by providing skills, strengths, supports and resources to aid them.
- Assist patient with obtaining community resources for housing, childcare, and transportation; building social skills; education/employment opportunities; obtaining medical services; and other recovery-oriented activities.
- Assist the patient in identifying personal and environmental obstacles to recovery, linking the patient to the recovery community, including inpatient substance abuse rehab services if needed, and serve as a personal guide and mentor in the management of personal and family recovery.
- Assist patients in developing empowerment skills.
- Provide information for self-help and support groups, parenting skills, nutrition and strategies to promote wellness and recovery. Independently or with periodic assistance of higher graded treatment team members, utilize and teach problem solving techniques with individuals and groups.
- The PSS will share their own recovery story and demonstrate what skills, strengths, supports and resources they have used to direct their own recovery.
- Work closely with the patient’s treatment team, patient’s family and community in determining the steps she needs to take in order to achieve recovery goals and self-directed recovery.
- Relay patient issues and concerns to the treatment team.
- Attend and participate in treatment team meetings.
- Ensures documentation of one-on-one sessions are entered into EPIC/patient’s charts.
- Ensures completed questionnaires are complete, legible and accurate.
- Maintains follow up notes of education, phone contacts, and inpatient visits (e.g., psychiatric inpatient admission or labor and delivery inpatient admission).
- Attend and participate in clinical conferences which support the objectives and goals of the WMHP.
- Participate in educational programs & professional activities to gain knowledge of current trends, practices & developments.
Other duties as assigned.
- Manage a portfolio of 100 prospects and donors with primary focus on major gifts of $25,000 and above.
- Successfully engage with donors in cultivation, solicitation and stewardship. Attain monthly and annual metrics for in person contacts, proposals and funds generated.
- Develop a moves management plan for each prospect.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with University leaders and faculty, staff and volunteers to cultivate relationships and solicit major gifts.
- Prepare written proposals and briefing materials for major gift solicitations personalized for donor interest in collaboration with unit leadership and IA development.
- In partnership with the Executive Director of Planned Giving, cultivate, close and steward planned gifts.
- Work with planned giving, principle gifts and central fundraisers to research, organize and assemble corporate and foundation grant applications.
- Seek consultation on major gift proposals and all gift agreements with the Senior Assistant Vice Chancellor for Development Administration.
- Provide coordination of appropriate fundraising materials including, but not limited to, case statements, brochures, solicitation letters, major gift proposals, and campaign status reports, working with Institutional Advancement.
- Qualify major gift prospects as part of grateful patient programs.
- Engage with community groups. Coordinate alumni and/or patient engagement efforts and stewardship activities for the University in collaboration with Institutional Advancement.
- Interacts with and assists the public in a professional and friendly manner as needed.
- Communicates accurate and complete information and maintains strict confidentiality when necessary.
- Demonstrates positive working relationships with co-workers, management team, and ancillary departments.
- Deals with conflicts in a positive and professional manner using careful listening and negotiation skills to resolve disagreements.
- Assists internal and external stakeholders as needed with exceptional customer service.
- Conducts pre-registration as needed, inputs and/or updates accurate patient information.
- Process walk-ins, create new patient charts, access systems for orders as appropriate. Inventory, order, and stock supplies, clean and maintain equipment, Pick-up and deliver mail to mailroom, ensure the waiting room is clean, stocked with educational information, and coffee.
- Perform ABN completion, schedule surgeries and/or tests.
- Issues school/work excuses, sends out no show letters, takes patient photos.
- Responsible for blocking schedules as appropriate and cancel or reschedule appointments as requested.
Insurance Verification/Benefit Explanation:
- Conducts insurance verification and benefits explanation by running eligibility on patients.
- Requests outside records and gathers outside medical records from referrals and files patient charts as needed.
- Conducts authorizations and pre-certifications; tracks pre-authorizations and maintains referrals.
- Enters benefit and authorization information.
- Obtains, completes, and coordinates OON waivers.
Reports (Medical & Maintenance):
- Maintains initial plan of care (signatures, etc.) and is responsible for recording daily and monthly statistics and communication of any medical records issues.
- Responsible for various maintenance reports i.e. bogies, work denials, open encounter, laser arc reports, cancelled clinic reports, etc.
- Collects and post payments and issues receipts.
- Responsible for reconciliation of daily deposit & batch dollars.
- Counsels patients on any and all related financial information i.e. hospital discounts and reviewing MC screening.
- Completes UB value codes, inputs daily charges, and reconciles charges.
- Attends required training and/or in-services.
- Attends staff meetings and participates in the orientation and/or training of new staff.
- Participates in annual educational needs assessment.
- Maintains required job skill competencies and completes skill assessment annually.
- Completes and maintains documentation of continuing education hours annually.
Other duties as assigned.
- Attendance at Clinic Faculty Meetings, participate in the planning and interviewing of residency applicants, orient all incoming first year residents in behavioral health.
- Participates in the development of scholarship by faculty and residents;
- Participate, as applicable, in residency wide educational and service initiatives including PCMH transformation, ACGME, CPC, resident reviews.
- Participates in practice improvement programs and staff training.
- Develops and implements an integrated behavioral health curriculum for faculty and residents which support primary care givers to provide effective care and treatment of behavioral health conditions for patient with mild to moderate symptom acuity.
- Assists in educating providers in BH assessment methods, interpretations and patient intervention strategies for use within the primary care setting.
- Works with DIO to ensure ACGME training requirements regarding Behavioral Health are fully addressed.
Direct Patient Care:
- Using a behaviorist model, the PCBHF will work with the PCMH team to provide brief, evidence based interventions to clinic patients referred by their primary care provider.
- Participates in morning huddles, case conferences, complex care teams and provider meetings to advocate and promote patient care and outcomes for individuals with behavioral health conditions.
- Provides feedback to referring primary care physicians on a same day basis for all initial patient visits.
- Completes patient visit documentation in medical records.
- Assists with care planning for patients as part of PCMH model, participate in complex care team meetings, provide outreach, referral and coordination/follow up for patients who may need additional services.
Other duties as assigned.
- Works assigned workqueues on EPIC billing system, reviewing and preparing claims for first time submission. Using payer portals, electronically submits appropriate documentation for review.
- Follows up on invoices with Epic errors to resolve errors and resubmit claims.
- May follow up on secondary balances with insurance payers.
- Assists with scanning for the unit and distributes incoming mail.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintains active donor portfolio with focus on annual fund and mid-level gifts.
- Conducts donor research; develops presentations; organizes and assembles proposals; in order to secure philanthropic support. Prepares reports including financial records and budgets.
- In collaboration with Foundation Administration and Advancement Services, helps maintain donor and prospect information and obtains data from Advance and Blackbaud software systems including fund balances, donor profiles, contact reports and donor record history.
- Coordinates and assists with the creation of a concierge and/or alumni Program, including detailed creation and management of documents, prospect research, and donor related information.
- Prepares specialized donor correspondence; customized proposals; impact reports; thank you notes; letters and holiday cards.
- Works with central development office to research, organize and assemble corporation, foundation, annual giving and planned giving proposals.
- Interacts with donors and board members, accepts gifts, processes special requests and serves as a resource to supporters.
- Other duties as assigned.
EEG Technicians must be able to perform video EEG, EMG, ANS monitoring, initiate hookup of EEG, EMG, ANS study, maintain study by ensuring proper lead placement and video, working directly with physicians to complete and evaluate EEG, EMG, ANS studies and termination of study upon completion. Employee will function as a Lead EEG Technician with supervisory responsibilities. The EEG technician will adhere to clinical program policies, procedures and standards of guest care guidelines.
- Assists the public in a professional and friendly manner, performing registration of patients, patient billing, verification of insurance coverage and responding appropriately to the requirements of third-party payors.
- Processes walk-ins, create new patient charts, and access systems for orders as appropriate.
- Demonstrates positive working relationships with co-workers, management team, and ancillary departments by communicating accurate and complete information, maintaining strict confidentiality as appropriate.
- Using careful listening and negotiation skills to resolve disagreements, deals with conflicts in a positive and professional manner.
- Inventory, order, and stock supplies; cleans and maintains equipment. Pick-up and deliver mail to mailroom, ensures the waiting room is clean, stocked with educational information and coffee.
- Follows the Core Concepts of Patient and Family Centered Care and the Basic Code of Conduct Guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Performs home visits with the Pine Bluff and South AR team clinical coordinator to provide quality home visiting and case management service to address the medical, social, emotional, growth and developmental needs of the child.
- Establish a strong working relationship with other hospital based and clinic based social workers.
- Collaborates with other community resources to meet the service needs of the child and family.
- Participants in monthly case presentations with the following Baby Back Home medical director.
- Prepares and maintains accurate reports of the programs data and maintains compliance with all documentation of home visits and phone contacts with the family.
- Maintains supportive relationships with the family during the enrollment period in the Following Baby Back Home program. Makes referrals for needed services and monitors process to assist the family in navigating systems.
- Advocates for families with community entities when indicated
- Supports the UAMS and Following Baby Back Home mission through providing home visiting caregiver education and establishing mutual goals with the family. May Service as a field placement instructor to pre-service social work students.
- Perform experiments relating to cell biology, immunology, and bacteriology.
- Responsible for growth of mammalian cells and bacteria, conduct research to understand the host cell response to bacterial infections using molecular biology, genetics, biochemistry, and immunological methods including western blotting, immunoprecipitation, molecular genetic techniques, and DNA and plasmid preparation and transformation.
- Write scientific manuscripts and grant proposals by supplying information pertaining to experiments undertaken as described and composing initial manuscript drafts.
- Reading scientific literature to design new experiments.
- Develop new research skills that strengthen his/her independent research ability.
- Organize and oversee daily operations of the laboratory, including: ordering supplies and small equipment, maintaining, chemical inventories, entering computerized data, and performing routine chemical and instrumental safety checks.
- Train graduate students, other postdoctoral researchers, technicians, and any temporary undergraduate students that enter the lab.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Oversees the delivery of health and disability services and maintains health and disability data and documentation in the data management system.
- Monitors assigned sites and children’s record to ensure compliance with all state and Federal mandates. Assists with administrative support for professional staff.
- Assists in training of staff, parents, and volunteers in health & disability needs. Acts as a liaison between the family and health & disability service provider. Responsible for monitoring referrals as needed for follow-up care.
- Plans, organizes, and schedules project/program implementation phases and procedures, and develops monitoring and reporting systems to measure project effectiveness.
- Serves as a member of the management team. Is responsible for location and allocation of supplies, materials and equipment as well as inventory control.
- Performs related responsibilities as required or other duties as assigned.
- Maintains and implements Early Head Start educational goals and objectives through planning, activities and observations and documents each child’s progress.
- Identifies children’s special needs and makes referrals as appropriate.
- Monitors children’s health and safety.
- Identifies and accesses behavioral issues requiring involvement of program resource staff.
- Performs as a mandated reporter of suspected child abuse and neglect.
- Supervises children in classroom, in corridors, in restrooms, in cafeteria and the playground.
- Maintains environment that is safe and conducive to learning.
- Keeps equipment and materials in good repair and is responsible for classroom Inventory.
- Identifies achievement levels of each student and provide ongoing evaluation of progress.
- Each classroom must earn a passing score on this Early Childhood Environment Rating Scale (ECERS).
- Must involve parents in their children’s education and confers with parents on students’ progress.
- Assist with counseling of parents for their academic, personal and social skills development.
- Makes at least two home visits a year and a minimum of two parent-teacher conferences.
- Recruits parents as classroom volunteers and complete in-kind documentation.
- Participates in parent meetings and school activities.
- Becomes familiar and knowledgeable with Early Head Start Minimum Performance Standards, Minimum Standards for Childcare Licensing, UAMS Policies and Procedures and other guidelines and regulations and adhere to same.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Prepare patients for clinic visits through the onboarding and check-in process; work with residents and clinic attendings to maintain efficient, high quality care
- Prepare patients for check-out; assist in the scheduling of future appointments as needed
- Welcome patients to the clinic; collect basic demographics and insurance information
- Perform front desk duties such as answering the phone, directing patients, and modifying the clinic schedule
STUDENT & EMPLOYEE HEALTH
- Complete new employee physicals and paperwork
- Administer vaccinations as needed
- Performing annual TB skin tests
- Coordinate processes related to employee injuries
- Maintain all necessary documentation and records
- Perform phlebotomist duties and complete lab draws as required
EMR DOCUMENTATION/TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Exhibit competency with technical skills and EMR documentation
- File documents, scan and email documents, and collect provider signatures as needed
- Contribute to the education process of residents and medical students
- Perform all other projects and duties as assigned
- Works with service line leadership to coordinate various projects and initiatives as assigned including such activities as quarterly reporting to external entities, preparation of project materials, tracking of various quality programs across the service line, compiling information for ICE projects assigned to the CASL.
- Works with creative services for SL program development such as print materials, brochure development and mailings.
- Responsible for the ongoing coordination of Cancer Grand Rounds which is a weekly faculty CME event and involves coordination of local and out-of-state speakers.
- Makes all travel arrangements for speakers as needed.
Human Resources Support:
- Assists the CASL leadership in maintaining the APRN clinical leave calendars and reconciling scheduled leave with actual leave in the appropriate systems.
- Works with leadership on posting, recruiting and onboarding APRN staff.
- Assists in the credentialing process and obtaining necessary documents, as well as performance evaluations. Assists with new staff orientation.
- Provides monthly operational reporting for the CASL including compiling data and producing reports for quality, operational performance and external reporting.
- Works closely with the CASL Quality Council to ensure that program documentation for CASL programs is maintained and kept current for regulatory agencies.
- Collaborates with IT team members to develop and insure accurate report production and timely dissemination of reports.
- Coordinates Grand Rounds.
- Participates in audits for quality improvement.
- Provides backup purchasing support for assigned clinics and CASL Administration including preparation of frameworks orders, purchase requisitions and travel arrangements for mid-level providers and staff as needed.
- Monitors and reconciles BTA account and processes department invoices.
- Develops and maintains documents and reports, spreadsheets, databases related to CASL operations.
May perform other duties as assigned.