Click column header to sort
Responsibilities include registration of patients, patient billing, verification of insurance coverage and responding appropriately to the requirements of third-party payors. This position will also assist with hospital admissions and surgery scheduling. Must be able to perform all duties of the Access Coordinator I and be able to support patient care activities as needed.
- Provides therapeutic interventions through group therapy related to identified patient needs.
- Provides psychosocial services to include initial assessment upon admission; patient and family education, advocacy, counseling and interventions with individuals, families and groups for purposes of assessment and enhancement of problem-solving and coping capacities.
- Discharges planning and aftercare coordination through community referrals and safety planning
- Participates in treatment meetings for the adult units and complex case review meetings as requested and other collaboration in order to develop, plan, and manages the treatment of patients from admission through discharge.
- Attends team meetings and participate in quality improvement projects.
- Provides accurate and timely documentation of all interactions related to the treatment of the patient.
- Serves as a consultant for processing guardianship, power of attorney, health care proxy, and advances directives in conformance with UAMS policy
May perform other duties as assigned.
- Provides Care in an Efficient Effective Manner; Organizes own workload to ensure completion during shift, in coordination with R.N. and other team members;
- Seeks assistance from appropriate staff when necessary; Utilizes down (unproductive) time toward patient and unit activities;
- Accepts constructive feedback from peers/team members and takes corrective action when needed; Obtains patient report as per unit policy and has on-going communication with R.N. regarding patient care/changes in condition;
- Informs nurse of patient requests or complaints; Performs other duties as defined by unit check list as delegated by R.N./CDF/CSM;
- Assist with admission, transfer, and discharge of patients; Transports patients to other areas of the hospital as directed. Carries out the Plan of Care for Patient using a Multidisciplinary Approach as Delegated by Team Leader;
- Communicates effectively with other team members to facilitate patient care; Verbalizes understanding of patient's plan of care; Accepts directions from R.N.s and team members;
- Follows through on delegated patient care activities.
Other duties as assigned
- Reviews /audits Quality Assurance and Quality Control of waived and non-waived Point of Care laboratory tests.
- Monitors the performance of instruments in person and through point of care middle-ware
- Distributes quality control materials and proficiency kits as needed.
- Interacts with staff throughout the institution for quality assurance and guidance with laboratory questions/issues.
- Performs validation and linearity of instruments as needed.
- Maintain certifications, continuing education, annual education and/or training as required for position.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Initiates appropriate referrals to internal and external interdisciplinary teams.
- Establishes a working diagnosis on every patient at the time of the initial review.
- Communicates the target length of stay estimated discharge on every patient at the time of the initial review and coordinates the discharge planning process in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team.
- Documents all team, physician, and patient/family communication and concerns pertaining to coordinating of care and services.
- Communicates with physicians regarding the level of care or admission status when appropriate criteria are not met for inpatient, observation, or continued stay review.
- Identifies, intervenes on taking a proactive approach to ensure right time discharges and documents avoidable and denied days and discharge delays.
- Identifies patients/families with psychosocial and/or non-medical discharge planning needs and refers to the Social Work team member as appropriate.
- Assesses the patient prior to discharge to determine if the plan is appropriate and makes necessary revisions.
- Identifies and refers cases appropriate for Ethics Committee consideration.
- Participates in Performance Improvement, Evidenced Based Practice/Research process. Systematically evaluates the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice.
- Supports the integration of current evidence into nursing practices.
- Promotes an environment conducive to positive educational experience for all students and staff.
- Provides effective patient/family education (link to PFCC).
- Implements POC using an approach that is interdisciplinary with Patient and Family Centered Care.
- Effectively collaborates and communicates with the multidisciplinary team at all levels.
- Communicates care appropriately through documentation in the medical record.
- Reports variances in care/systems/processes through the appropriate means.
- Acts as a resource to others in the performance of duties.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the personal and professional development of other UAMS employees.
- Participates in recruitment/retention of staff. Facilitates development and implementation of nursing practice standards that are evidence-based and in compliance with standards.
May perform other duties as assigned.
- General lab maintenance (i.e., equipment and apparatus).
- Ordering, and inventory organization.
- May perfom other duties as assignend.
- Performing and assisting with experiments as requested by the Principal Investigator (PI) (cell culture, protein purification, animal experiments).
- Processing, analyzing and presenting data as directed by the PI.
- Setting up breeders and weaning of new litters.
- Tagging and tailing mice for genotyping.
- Maintenance mouse records.
- Performing various animal treatment and procedures.
- Placing orders (obtaining quotes, filling and submitting ordering forms, tracking order status and receiving orders).
- Maintaining records of laboratory inventories (reagents and supplies) and animal colonies.
- Maintenance of laboratory equipment and common spaces (incubators, shakers, water bath, pH meter, hoods and common lab benches).
- Making stock solutions, dishwashing and autoclaving.
- Performing related responsibilities as required or assigned by the supervisor.
- Perform assessments and re-assessments with revised plans of care and/or discharge summaries
- Screen patients to determine appropriateness of therapy
- Execute daily treatments which may consist of:
- gait training,
- transfer training,
- functional mobility,
- balance training,
- endurance training,
- strength training,
- therapeutic exercise
- pool therapy
- patient and family education
- Maintain appropriate patient documentation per department, HIPAA and TJC standards where applicable.
- Other duties as assigned
- Manages and provides coaching for a team of CHWs (both individual and group).
- Works alongside project managers, senior project manager, and assistant director to ensure coordination of efforts.
- Acts as a liaison with the organizations and institutions with embedded CHWs and manages relationships with supervisors and/or others on-site; aids, prepares, and co leads initial certifications and ongoing trainings for both CHWs and partners.
- Attends and participates in community outreach and events alongside and in support of CHWs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ensures employee documents are accurate, completed, current, and stored appropriately.
- Communicates effectively in both oral and written forms.
- Manages/coordinates the logistics/workflows for the Perioperative Care Services division
- Coordinates meetings, calendar invites, rosters, minutes and closes the loop on outstanding issues.
- Performs administrative duties such as mail distribution, locker assignments, submits and tracks work orders for housekeeping, engineering & operations, and clinical engineering to support the day-to-day operations of the department.
- Processes departmental travel requests, and maintains email distribution lists.
- Creates surveys, collects, and produces reports.
- Performs administrative support for department scheduling including creation and dissemination of reports.
- Schedules interviews with candidates seeking employment within the division, creates interview packets and provides to leadership prior to the scheduled interview, scans and files the completed packets.
- Creates and tracks purchase requisitions within the department for office and medical supplies.
- Mentors nursing leadership in office technology utilization and organization of information.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to create, present and refine user-interactive designs, displays, websites and software
- Knowledge of web hosting platforms and web content management systems
- Experience in WordPress
- Other duties as assigned
Assists patients to and from vehicles and the emergency department. Uses wheelchairs or stretchers as needed. Stabilizes and extricates injured patients from vehicles at emergency department entrance.
Greets patients and visitors warmly. Assists in directing patient flow in the triage/reception area. Identifies high-acuity patients and expedites their throughput. Collects and conveys patient information to nursing and physician staff on arrival and throughout ED wait.
Initiates emergent care, including but not limited to opening an airway, ventilation using bag valve mask, oxygen application, hemorrhage control, defibrillator application, chest compressions, cervical spine alignment, and stabilization of fracture.
Performs tasks at the direction of the nurse or physician, including phlebotomy, Point of Care Testing, EKGs, insertion and removal of IV catheters, and vital signs.
Maintains a clean, functional and well-stocked work area.
Functions and Responsibilities
The Department of Audiology and Speech Pathology in the College of Health Professions at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) seeks applicants for a full-time, 12-month faculty position, located in Little Rock, Arkansas. We are searching for a team-oriented faculty member. Academic rank and salary are commensurate with experience and qualifications. The faculty member will report to the audiology program director in the Department of Audiology and Speech Pathology and will have primary responsibilities of teaching AuD and PhD courses; conducting scholarly activities; directing student research; advising graduate students; participating in university, community and professional service; and supervising graduate students in clinical practicum.
- Serve as the coordinator of educational activities within E&RS.
- Coordination of education activities includes planning, record keeping, statistics, development of educational handouts and tutorials, and assessment/evaluation.
- Collaborates with faculty to identify and deliver course-integrated instruction.
- Promotes the integration of information resource literacy into the curricula of all UAMS colleges.
- Investigates new technologies; designs and implements new initiatives to improve the delivery of instructional and informational services; and provides training as necessary.
- Teaches classes on use of biomedical information resources.
- Contributes to Interprofessional Education events as a facilitator.
- Works with library personnel within other departments to ensure they are prepared to successfully assist users and utilize knowledge-based resources.
- Develops educational materials including online tutorials and LibGuides.
- Utilizes online meeting spaces (such as Zoom or Teams) for remote educational sessions.
- Supports all liaisons with educational programming, and acts as liaison to an assigned college, department and/or unit [e.g. Center for Health Literacy].
- Contribute to and teach classes.
- Contribute to the Research and Clinical Search Services by conducting literature searches and maintaining searching technical skills.
- Provide departmental coverage, fulfill requests for information and consultations.
- Provide presentations across campus and at regional health centers on specific resources.
- Assist in outreach efforts with exhibits, presentations and classes.
- Serve on library and university committees.
- Stay abreast of clinical, biomedical and consumer health information resources and discovery products.
- Serve as a member of the Collection Development Team to assist the library in acquiring information resources that meet user needs.
- Actively participate in Library’s programs, services and strategic planning processes.
- Contribute to special Library projects and department workflow as designated.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Provides clinical psychosocial services and case management for patients seen in primary care to include: preadmission planning and assistance; initial psychosocial assessment with new patients or new referrals; ongoing psychosocial assessment as needed during treatment process and beyond; development of treatment plans/interventions; advocacy for patient/family with health care providers and community resources; patient/family education; information and referrals; and response to emotional components of illness, including adjustment to illness and grief counseling, psychotherapy (individual, couples, family, children), and crisis intervention.
- Develops/facilitates evidence-based treatment or psychoeducational groups as appropriate to patient/family needs.
- Coordinates with UAMS staff and community to provide clinical referrals to behavioral health providers.
- Documents activities in medical record and otherwise communicates with team members, patient/family and community providers as needed for effective results
- Maintains awareness of patient safety, liability and risk management issues and performs job duties within those parameters.
- Maintains awareness of financial resources available for patient/family support and demonstrates good judgement and stewardship in utilization of these resources.
- Serves as a liaison with other departments and agencies internally and externally. Assist in the location/development of additional resources to assist with departmental/patient needs.
- Participates in regular staff and other required meetings. Represent the service line at UAMS or community meetings as needed.
- Participates in departmental quality improvement and staff development activities.
- Participates in community outreach as needed.
- Assumes responsibility for/assists with student supervision.
- Plans/Attends continuing education to maintain professional licensure.
- Serves as a member of the interdisciplinary health care team by providing services to patients and families; interview and/or perform psychosocial assessments to determine the needs of the patient and family; document the assessment in the medical record; initiate intervention plan with patients requiring ongoing services and support.
- Provides direct counseling, support groups, and education to patients and families. provide brief, evidence-based behavioral health interventions with patients/families as needed and appropriate.
- Investigates and assist patients and families in securing needed resources for services to ensure continuity of care.
- Serves as a liaison with other departments and agencies, internally and externally, to execute warm handoffs, and follow through with transitions of care.
- Maintains professional skills and credentialing as required by professional licensing board.
- Participates in quality improvement, supervision of behavioral health students, BSWs and LMSWs; coordinates resources and departmental projects.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and expertise in program development within clinics and with specialized programs targeting patient/family needs.
- Plays a prominent role in interdisciplinary team development.
- Maintains awareness of safety, liability, and risk management issues.
- Demonstrates a high level of integrity, adhering to the ethical standards set by NASW, demonstrating innovative thinking and actively contributing to the success of UAMS.
- Promotes and models positive interdisciplinary collaboration and interaction with colleagues and other UAMS departments/divisions
May perform other duties as assigned
- Oversees the delivery of health services and maintains health data and documentation in the data management system.
- Monitors assigned sites and children’s record to ensure compliance with all state and Federal mandates. Assists with administrative support and professional staff by interviewing, recommending for hire, and training, assigning and reviewing work, and evaluating the implementation of Head Start Standards. Will participates in development and/or revise HS policies, procedures, programs, and directives based on data collected from children files.
- Assists in the development of policy manuals/handbooks for HS and conduct workshops to educate the employees on HS policies and procedures.
- Responsibles for training of staff, parents, and volunteers in health needs, CPR and First Aid.
- Conducts special studies such as systems, feasibility and effectiveness of agency programs, and the identification of and solution of problem areas, assist in project goals and objectives development.
- Presents findings to management staff and makes recommendations for change to Head Start Director.
- Acts as a liaison between the family and health service provider, maintains good rapport with the medical community.
- Responsible for monitoring referrals as needed for follow-up and documentation is required
- Plans, organizes, and schedules project/program implementation phases and procedures, and develops monitoring and reporting systems to measure project effectiveness.
- Coordinates transportation of children to medical/ dental providers as needed.
- Assists in the coordination of the Health Advisory Committee.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Reviews, verifies and logs all incoming consultation cases from outside facilities into UAMS systems.
- Collects and maintains patient information and data within regulations.
- Performs filing of internal cases chronologically.
- Assists with internal request of pathology material.
- Scanning of block drawers into the Acros system.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Work to provide excellent pharmacy services to assists in achieving departmental goals and ultimately the institution’s vision and mission.
- Educating current and future health professionals and the public.
- Providing high-quality, innovative, patient-and family–centered health care and specialty expertise not routinely available in community settings.
- Advancing knowledge in areas of human health and disease and translating and accelerating discoveries into health improvements.
- Demonstrate the UAMS core values -integrity, respect, diversity & health equality, teamwork, creativity, excellence, and safety-toward all employees, colleagues, patients, and guests.
- Participates in educating & training of students, residents, and new employees.
- Assist the Chief Pharmacy Officer and the Department Business Administrator with day-to-day administrative office duties.
- Assist in auditing personnel folders for accuracy.
- Mail clerk.
- Create purchase requisitions.
- Stock office supply cabinet.
- Create IDTs in SAP.
- Assist with HR function, timekeeping.
- Assist with preparation of employee travel.
- Assist with the preparation of employee reimbursement.
- Assist with patient reimbursement.
- Assist with the preparation of BTA card reconciliation.
- Assist with the preparation and auditing of invoices from outside institutions.
- Assist with inventory auditing.
- Maintains and manages electronic employee files for the department, including, but not limited to, employee relations, HIPAA, FMLA, ADA, compliance, training, and other confidential personnel files.
- Attends meetings to stay aware of procedural changes.
- Assists with audits and the employee cycle processes through scanning of employee documentation.
- Prepare and update minutes of the pharmacy leadership meeting.
- Other administrative office duties as assigned.
- Responsibilities include: obtaining blood specimens from patients by using venipuncture and performing various testing procedures according to established laboratory procedures in the lab.
- Additional responsibilities include assuring that adequate inventory is on hand to perform a high level of patient care.
- Daily and constant interaction with patients.
- Works closely on a regular basis with internal clinic staff and various departments at UAMS.
- Interacts with and assists the public in a professional and friendly manner.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills.
- Communicates accurate and complete information.
- Maintains strict confidentiality when necessary.
- Demonstrates positive working relationships with co-workers, management team, and ancillary departments.
- Assist internal and external stakeholders as needed with exceptional customer service.
- Contacts the appropriate provider if a patient does not have active lab orders in EPIC or if there are questions about patient orders.
- Contacts the clinical laboratory if there are questions about specific test orders or if special specimen collection tubes are needed.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Patrols on foot inside buildings and performs property checks.
- Performs safety screenings and runs metal detector.
- Provides assistance for anyone needing it on campus.
- Backs-up dispatchers when needed.
- Upon request, escorts employees and members of the campus population to their desired locations.
- Escorts patients from Outpatient Clinics (OPC) Holding Area to appointments.
- Unlocks buildings and offices when requested.
- May perform other duties as assigned.