Click column header to sort
- Schedules, reschedules, and coordinates appointments using the hospital systems by performing visit notifications of patients.
- Conducts pre-registration as needed, inputs and/or updates accurate patient information. Process walk-ins, create new patient charts, access systems for orders as appropriate. Inventory, order, and stock supplies, clean and maintain equipment, pick-up and deliver mail to mailroom, ensure the waiting room is clean, stocked with educational information, and coffee.
- Perform ABN completion, schedule surgeries and/or tests.
- Issues school/work excuses, sends out no show letters, takes patient photos.
- Responsible for blocking schedules as appropriate, cancel and reschedule appointments as requested.
- Conducts insurance verification and benefits explanation by running eligibility on patients. Requests outside records and gathers outside medical records from referrals and files patient charts as needed.
- Conducts authorizations and pre-certifications.
- Tracks pre-authorizations and maintains referrals.
- Enters benefit and authorization information.
- Obtains, completes, and coordinates OON waivers.
- Maintains initial plan of care (signatures, etc.) and is responsible for recording daily and monthly statistics and communication or any medical records issues.
- Responsible for various maintenance reports i.e. bogies, work denials, open encounter, laser arc reports, cancelled clinic reports, etc.
- Collects and post payments and issues receipts.
- Responsible for reconciliation/management change fund.
- Responsible for reconciliation of daily deposit & batch dollars, and must complete deposit agreement.
- Counsels patients on any and all related financial information i.e. hospital discounts and reviewing MC screening.
- Attends required training and/or in-services.
- Attends staff meetings and participates in the orientation and/or training of new staff. Participates in annual educational needs assessment.
- Maintains required job skill competencies and completes skill assessment annually.
- Completes and maintains documentation of continuing education hours annually.
- Interacts with and assists the public in a professional and friendly manner as needed.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills; communicates accurate and complete information.
- Maintains strict confidentiality when necessary.
- Demonstrates positive working relationships with co-workers, management team, and ancillary departments.
- Deals with conflicts in a positive and professional manner using careful listening and negotiation skills to resolve disagreements.
- Consistently utilizes communication devices and keeps accurate records as required.
- Demonstrates effective service recovery skills; follows the Core Concepts of Patient and Family Centered Care and the Basic Code of Conduct Guidelines.
- Assists internal and external stakeholders as needed with exceptional customer service.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Manages stressful situations courteously, tactfully and calmly in a professional manner
- Exercises good judgment in evaluating situations and making decisions
- Responds quickly to emergency situations and calls for service without unnecessarily jeopardizing the safety of oneself, other members of the police department or the public
- Utilizes common-sense understanding in order to execute written, oral or diagrammed instructions
- Proficient in the use of firearms and the operation of police vehicles
- Observes situations objectively and analytically, record and report them clearly and concisely both orally in writing
- Ability and willingness to perform moderately physical work
- Ability and willingness to perform work indoors, outdoors and in a vehicle
- Exhibits good character (i.e. courteous, friendly and empathetic) as determined by a detailed background investigation
- Attends related training classes and schools as needed
- UAMS is a very diverse campus therefore officers must be at ease with members of other ethnic, cultural, and social groups
- May perform other duties as assigned by superior officers or administration
The candidate will assume teaching responsibilities within the Graduate Program and pursue a program of funded research.
Faculty in the UAMS Department of Epidemiology collaborate with colleagues from the Colleges of Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, and Health Professions, centers of excellence such as the Winthrop P. Rockefeller Cancer Institute, Donald W. Reynolds Institute on Aging, Translational Research Institute (i.e., National Institutes of Health-funded Center for Clinical and Translational Research), as well as neighboring institutions, including Arkansas Children’s Hospital, Arkansas Children’s Research Institute, and the Arkansas Department of Health.
The COPH was created in 2001 with a portion of the state’s tobacco settlement funds and is accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health. Accredited degree programs include MPH, MHA, PhD, and DrPH programs. The college has five departments and five centers. We offer a collaborative work environment that builds upon UAMS’ unique capabilities in bioinformatics, telemedicine, and community-engaged research.
The candidate will assume teaching responsibilities within the DNP CRNA program while also engaging in the scholarship and service mission of the College of Nursing.